Viber for PC is now possible without much ado. As you must have read in our post on how to get Viber for PC, one of the steps is to install Java on your PC. Java is a free program that can be downloaded from Oracle’s website for Java. Since, Viber for PC needs the Android emulator, which needs Java, you need to install Java on your PC to get Viber working on your PC in order to make free calls and send free text messages. It is also required for all other apps such as WhatsApp for PC and downloading WeChat for PC, as well as for Android games such as Fruit Ninja for PC and temple run for PC.
You can follow these steps to get Java to install Viber on your PC:
- Visit Java’s website
- Click on Free Java Download
- On the next page, Click on Agree and start download
- It will download Java exe on your PC
- Click on that file and select Install
- Watch out for the checkbox which installs Ask Bar. You do not need that for your Viber for PC
- Click Next on the next screen
- It will Install Java. You should see the following screen when you are done.
Once this is done, go back to the next step in the series of Viber for PC tutorials.