There is hardly anyone who hasn’t heard of Instagram today. It is a revolutionary social networking service that allows its users to share pictures. Instead of just being facebook for pictures, they added these cool effects that you can instantly add to your pictures to make them look prettier. Well, there is a funny quote I read the other day which says
Advancement of technology has enabled us to create apps such as Instagram, which can take pictures that look like they were taken using old technology.
Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger are the creators of this brilliant app which was launched in October of 2010. The app never looked back and its popularity grew like anything – within a timeframe of little over 2 years they have acquired more than 100 million users, which is an achievement. If you have a smartphone you can directly download Instagram via App store or Google Play. However, since you are here I assume you want to run it on your PC. Well, Instagram for PC is at your service nice sir/ma’am.
Instagram for PC free download
In order to download Instagram on your PC or laptop computer, you can follow the steps given below. If you are an old timer here at App for PCS, you will see that these are the same steps we used for other apps such as Temple run for PC and Ruzzle for PC. If you are having trouble following any of the steps just let me know and I will help you guys. See the video if you are more of a visual person or just read the text if you like to retain the steps for longer duration.
The exact steps to get Instagram are:
- As a courtesy to the moderators please share this post on Google [Google]. it is not mandatory and you can move to next step but we will highly appreciate if you do.
- Download and install a backup software on your PC. Download it from here
- Download the android emulator software from this link.
- Open the Android emulator and click on App Search (on PC). In order to download Instagram for Mac we suggest you watch one of our previous tutorials such as WhatsApp for PC and it will give you a good understanding of how to download Instagram on Mac computers.
- Search for Instagram.
- If you get the error “Network connection refused” or Not connected to the Internet, just restart the Bluestacks App player again. It should work after that.
- Download Instagram and run it. It should be in the list on the front page when you hit the small Bluestacks button.
- Register or sign in – You can use your facebook credentials to login as well.
- Once you have logged in you will see the familiar App that millions of people are using. Please note that the interface is exactly the same as the Android app as this is in fact Instagram for Android.
- Check out various options to get acquainted with the interface.
- Finally, click on the camera icon. If you have a webcam it will show up and you will be able to take a picture.
- As soon as you see the pictures you will be able to apply filters (image effects) on the image you just took. In my video above I took an image of a bottle of Advil :) but trust me it was not a pain to get Instagram for PC.
Check out this video to find out how to install Instagram for PC and to see above steps in action.
If you are still not able to install Instagram on your PC, or can’t get your webcam to work with it, just leave a comment with your problem and we will take care of it.