Viber for PC app is now able to make and receive phone calls from other Viber users. In our last tutorial we showed you how do you get Viber for a Windows 8 machine. In that video we showed you that Viber for PC is capable of making free phone calls. While this was a good thing, it is even better to tell that Viber now is able to make phone calls from Windows 7 PCs too. You no longer need to upgrade to a Windows 8 PC for that.
What is needed for the Viber for PC setup
1. You will also need the latest version of Bluestacks to be downloaded from their website.
2. Finally, you need to install Viber on Bluestacks but lucky for us, Bluestacks now has Viber in built. You should be able to just get it. If your version of Viber does not work, you might need to upgrade. Let us know if you run into that issue and we will let you know how to update your Viber version.
How do you install Viber on Windows?
I tried installing Viber on a loaded Windows machine with following configuration:
- P8600 Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 8 GB Ram
- 9600M NVidia Graphics Card
- Windows 7 running on a Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a way to run Windows on your Mac)
The main kicker in this whole setup I believe is the graphics card. My Macbook Pro has 2 graphics cards in it and the one we are using right now, 9600 M NVidia GeForce GT, is a powerful beast with 32 Cuda cores in it for programming. Anyways, even if you have an ATI graphics card with a decent RAM support then you should be fine.
Watch the video below to know the exact steps required to download Viber for PC on a Windows 7 machine.
Bluestacks installation might result in an error, as it did with our installation but if you go to the folder where the installation file is downloaded it will work fine from there.
Viber on PC might also crash when you start it the first time on Bluestacks. If it continues to crash, uninstall it and then install it again from the link given at the bottom of our website. If you are having any trouble with your Viber for PC setup just leave a comment and we will help you solve whatever problem you might be running into.